Sunday, January 27, 2008

We are moving! January 28 is the big day and our house is in boxes as I type. I am experiencing so many emotions. My heart is breaking over saying goodbye to all our friends here. We have such precious relationships already. On top of that, the ability to communicate via email on a regular basis is such a comfort. I will miss it dearly and can’t imagine how missionaries left everything years ago with only letters transported by boat to connect them with friends and family back home. Wow, that is true strength and devotion.

Today has been full of farewell wishers coming and going and we even had supper at Ruth’s house (the family who named Aaron, Wado). We have all been struggling with various sicknesses and all kinds of attacks and discouragements. Please pray for us as we take this step of faith. We anticipate being back to the city and internet access in about two weeks.

The adjustment we are facing is big and just daily life with no indoor plumbing or electricity is daunting. Pray for us to “be joyful always, pray continually and give thanks in all circumstances.” Please pray we can shine the love of Jesus to everyone around us. We will miss your emails of love and encouragement these next several days!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Tribe, JoAnn and I are praying for you all. We love to keep up with you all and to see how the Lord is using you in a mighty way. Our prayer is that you continue to walk daily under his protection and provision, that he uses you to show those lovely people of Africa what Jesus looked like in the human form. We love you and we are so proud of you. Tell the boys "howdy" from Cowboy Steve! Let them know I've got the horses saddled and waiting...

Allison said...

Hello Precious Friends!
Oh how you are on my heart! I remember you daily in my prayers, but the Lord has upped the desire to pray for you as you enter this new place.
Shelly, it was so strange to be listening to John talk on Sunday--I could hear you laughing next to me. I told Pat as much and she smiled. We love you all so much and know you are already equipped for what lies ahead. God has gone before you and hems you in behind and before. Aaron, every time I look down at Dan's boots I pray for you as leader of your own tribe as you minister to another. I can't wait to hear from you all--sorry I have been so terrible about emails :( Love you!!

Lovell's Lookout said...

testing my blog address-
Ty

Lovell's Lookout said...

Hey Guys!!! I am thinking and praying for you tonight. I got some good time with your folks...God is doing great things with them.. they miss you a ton.. as we all do. Praying for your move and that God will be bring great clarity. All of your challenges are going to be ways in which he molds, uses, and leads you. FAther, protect them today... breath your life into them...give them life where they are weary. Pour out your oil where they are dry. Love you guys, Ty

Caraway's said...

Hello Friends! I wanted you to know that we are praying for you, especially hard in this time of transition. Last night, the Lord woke me up with Psalm 91 for you guys. Know your names were lifted up in reference. Shelly, I absolutely love reading your blog - Thanks for sharing what life is like for you - it really helps me know how to pray for you guys as well as see the awesome things God is doing through you! It blesses me tremendously to hear your heart for the people of Africa. I know you guys have had many battles already, and more may be ahead. I know you already live this verse,but I wanted to leave you with Ephesians 6:12-18. I'm sure the armor has become your everyday dress. I love you guys! I have upped my committment each day to pray for you!

Insomniyacker said...

May Peace and many blessings be littered on every path that calls you.