Sunday, January 6, 2008

We have some really exciting news to tell you. . .a testimony of God’s POWER! . . . . . . . .

SIM just informed us that our short term support is fully funded and SIM will no longer accept any donations into our ministry fund. Isn’t God amazing? Please rejoice with us in God’s provision for our family!

I can’t begin to thank you for your faithfulness in supporting our ministry and making a way for us to come here and serve the Lord in Africa. What a gift. When we began the process of raising support it was so daunting and we weren’t sure if God would make it happen. Wow, did He prove us wrong and Himself faithful!

We are so grateful to everyone who played a part in financing our trip, and we hope that you will continue to support us in prayer. That is by far our greatest need. Especially as we move to ****, the dangers and warfare will only increase, so please keep us covered. We have had time to visit with Auntie these past few days and we are very excited about the opportunities awaiting us in ******.

We are praying, and waiting on the Lord, for clear direction AFTER this 8 ½ month trip. We feel like the Lord will open the door for us to serve Him overseas full time. The amount of time we will have to spend between this trip, and returning to Africa, will depend on how quickly we can raise long term support. At this point, if you feel led to continue to sow into our ministry, maybe you can just hold on to it. How helpful it could be when we come home and begin support raising again! If God has another place for you to sow into, please do that with our blessings. We are just grateful for all you have done.

As before, because we are currently short term, our vehicle rental fee is coming out of our personal funds. That account, into which donations are not tax deductable, will remain open with SIM. If you want to put money into that fund it would still be helpful.

OK, enough financial stuff. Please forgive all the suggestions and ideas. Aaron says: “On behalf of my family, we thank you again for how you have blessed us. May the Lord bless you abundantly and beyond measure so you can continue to advance His Kingdom. We could not be here without you. It is very humbling to rely on other people’s gifts for our livelihood and we are grateful for your generosity.”

The SIM conference has been really good and very interesting. SIM has missionaries in Nigerian from all over the world. We have met and heard from Asians and Europeans and people from all parts of the US. Our keynote speaker is from the UK. So many cultures mixing together is an awesome picture of the global family of God.

The strange part is that 99% of the people around us these past few days are white, and we are seeing very little of our Nigerian friends. I went out to jog yesterday morning, and the track is on the edge of the compound. I could see Nigerians walking along the road with loads on their heads and all their beautiful colorful clothes and I thought, Oh yeah, I’m still in Africa!

But this time has been really good in showing us the support system we have within SIM. These missionaries are a family and they take that responsibility seriously. We are grateful for that. The boys have been going to their own programs led by a church team from Washington State. They love it!

The highlight of conference for me is that all our meals were included so I haven’t cooked since Tuesday. What a vacation! Yesterday we got the last vaccines we needed so we can really start working out all the details involved with our move. Please keep the whole process covered in prayer.

Remember that our internet access will be limited to once every two or three weeks when we move this month, so the blog updates will be less frequent. Please check in when you can, and keep us covered in prayer, even when we can’t communicate as often. We truly feel the prayers of the saints. We are really missing home and friends and family. We have made some precious relationships here, and in ***** it will be even more special I’m sure. However, we are homesick for all of you and we love hearing from you. We can’t wait to hang out with each of you when we come back in July!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just wanted you to know I check for new entries every, single day. I love reading your blog and looking at all the pictures! I have almost all of them on my MySpace site. I love you guys..hug each other for me. I'll talk to you soon, christi p.s. Just heard that mom and dad are coming back Thursday instead of today. We'll be praying for mom's speeding recovery and that she feels better soon! ttys!! xxoo

... said...

I too will miss your regular updates! But will still look forward to them when the are up! Learning so much interesting stuff! I was just talking to someone from my church about you yesterday and was also pondering what may be ahead for you when this mission concludes. We will be praying for a clear answer for your family! Take care! DJ

Unknown said...

That's exciting news! What faith to take off over there before that support was complete! I guess Aaron could have taken a part time job as a basketball scout on the look out for 7 footers to teach the game to!