Thank you to everyone who prayed about our computer! A wonderful missionary in the city near us was able to spend the weekend with our computer and he fixed it! Thank you, Ivan! We are preparing for our move and I am really feeling overwhelmed. I praise God for my wonderful husband who is so good at handling everything. We are saying goodbye to many people and it is hard. Tonight we had some new missionaries over for supper and two extra guests came as well. Aaron asked me if I had my “flexi-cookie.” I didn’t but it all worked out fine (-: They have started “taking light” (no power) on Mondays in addition to Wednesdays and it doesn’t come back until 9 p.m., so I was cooking in the dark. I am so grateful to have a gas stove unlike many of my friends.
These few days without our computer were a wake-up call to reality in **** with no internet access. It will be an adjustment, but I pray it will help us run to Jesus more than ever. Right now it is so easy to just go to the computer when we feel lonely or discouraged. Please continue to pray for our health and safety and especially that we can bring glory to the Lord and further His kingdom in some way while in ****. Rejoice with us over improvements in Lydia and Caleb’s congestion issues and also for the healing of the birthmark on Lydia’s chest.
We continue to be blessed by the support we feel from your prayers and notes and also the support system we are enjoying in the missionary community here. We recently spent the night in the city and the missionary guest house was full. Some friends let us sleep at their house, they fed us breakfast and the wife trimmed my hair! Everyone is so helpful. **** will be a whole new deal with total cultural immersion. Auntie will be the only other white person, and we will hear very little English. This is why we came and what we need to experience, but after being in this comfortable Western area, it is going to be a stretch. We are excited and praying that we can shine the love of Jesus despite the language barrier. People are so blessed that we would come and bring our children and that creates a great bridge. The Muslim influence is huge and we pray that somehow we can point people to the Truth and the hope of Jesus.
I am trying to upload all the pics I’ve taken this month to Picasa. It is a slow process, but look for them to come. There are a few of our new kitty who is the most laid back cat I’ve ever seen. She (or he) is so much fun and doesn’t mind the boys one bit.
3 comments:
Ha! I've been thinking about flexi-cookies lately, too! I'm about to pass them out at work :) Thanks, Doug, lol.
I've been praying for the birthmark and congestion, good to hear those things are better. I'll keep praying!
We love you and miss you and hold you up to the Lord through our prayers often. Love ya,
Oops, this says Ashlyn, but it's Wendy :)
Things sound like they are still going well...Y'all are just so positive about everything all the time, and I'm sure it's awfully difficult at times, and y'all make it sound so easy. I love reading the blogs!
I Loved the Waldo hats! I laughed out loud. Wow what an awesome experience. Looking at the pics only brings back great memories of our trip to Africa last summer. You guys are a blessing to all you come in contact with. JoAnn and I are praying for all of you. May God be glorified in everything you do. We love you,
Cowboy Steve
Post a Comment