I just have to blog about my wonderful day. Caleb went with Aaron to Jos and Lydia, the boys and I stayed home and got many things done. It was my first slow day and it was great! I have been craving familiar foods and trying to figure out how use what I have to make something we recognize! Tonight I finally made a good meal. I just have to brag about it! It was great to have something we are used to. Another missionary gave me some dry pinto beans (can you believe they don’t have them here?) and I made some of Pat’s famous salsa. I used Jennifer’s tortilla recipe and we had a feast! Then for desert I made one of the four precious brownie mixes I brought from home. We were actually celebrating Elisha’s adoption anniversary. It was delightful! Besides the fact that cheese was missing from our Mexican food night (cheese is unbelievably expensive here and we only get powdered milk) it was very much like a normal meal in Texas. I am learning to really appreciate the simple things (-:
Thank you so much for keeping up with our web page. Please send us any prayer requests you have. We appreciate your prayers so much and want to return the favor. I have given up praying for everyone on my list continually because it has gotten pretty big and I’m not organized enough to compile it from all the places I have people! Then I feel guilty if I leave someone out. However, when I think of you, I pray for you, and if you send us a request we really do pray. Thank you for doing the same for us.
One more thing, many of you have asked about the weather. It is very warm but as long as we have a fan going (there is no A/C) it is pretty comfortable so far. I have gotten a tan line on my feet from my flip flops!
1 comment:
Love the new pics, especially the one of you and Lydia...you both are beautiful! Glad you had a peaceful day and a familiar meal. Love you
Post a Comment