Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A New Beginning

Well, I’ve given it some time and feel like it is OK at this point to begin using this blog for us personally. It has always been totally focused on missions, so I stressed about going from that to just my random daily life. However, I guess that is mainly what it was before. . .just in another country! I finally updated our pictures and there are many of our children. It breaks my heart to know that there are no African friends in our pictures anymore. My heart is still grieving and some days are harder than others. I know that it will be better when Aaron gets a job and we can settle somewhere. Right now our lives are so up in the air, and my mind can’t help but going back to African and the whys and what ifs. I am in such a weird place spiritually right now and feel like the Israelites who praised God when He moved on their behalf, and the very next moment cursed Him when things were hard. I don’t want to be like that, but right now it is hard. I feel like I’ve lost my first love and I desperately want it back. I know this is just a season and it will only serve to grow my character in the long run. I am ready for the next season to come! That is funny in itself because one of the major things I am struggling with is patience, so the next season may not come until I get a grip on that!

We are currently on a long road trip and have been in Arkansas and Tennessee so far. Today we hiked up mountains in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and we have been swimming with the kids all over the place. Give them and pool and forget about the beauties of nature, they just want to swim. It is amazing here, and we are in awe of God’s creation. Tomorrow we will start our journey to South Carolina to visit some precious friends we met in Nigeria. We are so terrifically blessed and yet I fret and complain. Life really is good.

6 comments:

... said...

Congrats on moving forward with the blog! Enjoy your trip sounds like a lot of fun...

I will pray for you and your family and pray that a great job comes Aaron's way soon so that your lives can begin to settle into a normal routine!!!

Looking forward to seeing you again!
Much love!
D

Wendy said...

Hey girl! I'm so jealous of your vacation! I hope you can bask in God's glory while you're exploring his creation.

Glad you're blogging again!

Jennifer said...

I didn't know you were going there. What a fun vacation before Aaron has to start a new job. Hope the kids are riding well :) When we went to the AR retreat, Libby started getting fussy after about 3 hours of driving. Hope it's not that way with ya'll. Have a great time and be safe.

Tefertiller Tribe said...

thankfully the kids are traveling great. we are trying not to drive more than five hours a day but one day we did over eight. lydia is the best traveler of all four! i pray they continue to do well for we have several days to go!

... said...

say...how is the weather holding out? Are you where the storms were so violent? Hope not...praying for you and family's safety!

Have fun!

Tefertiller Tribe said...

no, the weather has been awesome.