Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow! We have so much to be thankful for, don't we? We had a wonderful Texas-Style Thanksgiving feast with the other missionary families here on our compound. Someone told me that this compound was a very soft place to land in Nigeria. She was right. We feel so at home and so loved here and we were totally spoiled tonight with chicken and dressing and even pumpkin pie! It was delightful and I am stuffed. The boys had a blast. I have posted new pictures from our evening and they include the other missionaries here as well as a team of three electricians who have come from the US for three weeks to work on the generators. We missed our family very much today, but what a blessing to be surrounded by new loved ones. May we all take time to be truly thankful today and every day.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Dear friends,
Well, I don't know about soft landings but am glad God provided your wonderful Thanksgiving meal with new friends. I must confess I think about you guys all the time it seems. Lots and lots for which to be thankful! Shelly, I love your writing! Keep it up! Writing is very strong gift in you from God. Love you! Andrea